Sunday, November 10, 2013

Gluten Free Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookies

OK, so I went to my local grocery store and found the new frozen cookie dough Pillsbury unveiled earlier this year. Armed with my 85 cent coupon from Pillsbury's website (Thanks to me being a member I got 10 cents more off then one from coupons.com) I snatched up my purchase and headed home to try these out. Here is how they looked baked...

I ended up baking a few up in my toaster oven at 350F for about 5-7 minutes. They turned out nicely and I had that fresh baked cookie smell in my kitchen. The cookies tasted great for a frozen cookie dough version! I liked their texture and taste. And, there are lots of chocolate chips mixed in with the dough.
 
However.... I did get a little sickish feeling after eating them. Reading other people's comments on the message boards and across the Internet, there is cause for concern about cross contamination with these even though the ingredient list is pretty clean. So, if you are someone who has severe and highly sensitive gluten issues like myself, it may be best to stay clear away from these products. They did cook up very well in my toaster oven as a nice afternoon cookie fix, but I would like to see Pillsbury make more improvements when it comes to manufacturing this product so it is safe for all Celiacs and Gluten Sensitive individuals alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment