Friday, August 11, 2017

HONEY SPICED PEACHES - AUTO CANNER RECIPE

I just love, love, love summer when the crates of different fruits come into the local grocery store. And, it seems that everyone loves when the peaches arrive. My local grocer doesn't even have to place an ad in the local newspaper. You can even skip the sign on the front door. As, when the peaches come in, they are gone in one day. I am not kidding you! You have to be really lucky to get your hands on a crate of peaches where I live and we got super lucky as we got the last box this year. Of course, I would have grabbed two crates if I could!

As soon as I get home I grab my canning books to find all the recipes I use to can the peaches. Mostly, we can the fruit in halves with different syrups dependent on the family's tastes or make a few jars of peach jam. But, this year I decided to experiment farther than that. I wanted to spice up my peaches as you can see in this video.



Of course, I made it look easy on how to slip the skins right off, didn't I? I can tell you I have had a lot of practice. But, I think the trick of using a melon baller to remove the red part from the cavity is my favorite trick when it comes to working with peaches. However you do it, there seems to be no way to get your hands from getting all slimy and sticky. But, I guess that is the joy of canning fruits.

What I can tell you is that my kitchen smelled amazing during the entire process. Who doesn't like the sweet smell from ripe fruits, the warm tones from the cinnamon, allspice, and cloves, and the summer like aroma of honey? I think it is amazing to combine all these flavors and senses into a canning recipe.

I still haven't tasted the peaches yet being you want to leave them canned for awhile for the peaches to absorb the spices. It is kind of like when you can pickles. You don't open the jar to eat them in a matter of days, you wait weeks or months before you dig in. So, that is what I intend to do here. But, I know they are going to be absolutely delicious!

<iframe style="width:120px;height:240px;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ss&ref=as_ss_li_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=iss0eb-20&marketplace=amazon&region=US&placement=B00004OCM4&asins=B00004OCM4&linkId=63e61646d1dfe08aa7ae8df95349582e&show_border=true&link_opens_in_new_window=true"></iframe><iframe style="width:120px;height:240px;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ss&ref=as_ss_li_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=iss0eb-20&marketplace=amazon&region=US&placement=B01LOYPFJ6&asins=B01LOYPFJ6&linkId=cf5332d13533581a846043c0ef153402&show_border=true&link_opens_in_new_window=true"></iframe><iframe style="width:120px;height:240px;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ss&ref=as_ss_li_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=iss0eb-20&marketplace=amazon&region=US&placement=B01LCOR0Z0&asins=B01LCOR0Z0&linkId=a2a9c9a28bb3185d80ff642007753ea9&show_border=true&link_opens_in_new_window=true"></iframe><iframe style="width:120px;height:240px;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ss&ref=as_ss_li_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=iss0eb-20&marketplace=amazon&region=US&placement=B01LCOR0Z0&asins=B01LCOR0Z0&linkId=a2a9c9a28bb3185d80ff642007753ea9&show_border=true&link_opens_in_new_window=true"></iframe>


No comments:

Post a Comment