Friday, March 14, 2014

Easter Button Craft

So, I have been doing some spring cleaning and came across a bucket of mismatched buttons, an unused picture frame, and some card-stock. Well, looking on Pinterest (Which is so addictive with the multitude of recipes, craft projects, gardening tips, etc., etc., etc.) I found a picture of this button egg design that you could print on copy paper and stick in a frame. I thought, why not make one from buttons yourself?

Didn't it turn out just splendidly?

I used a frame that accomidated an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of cardstock. Blue, Green, and White shades of buttons. And some quick dry tacky glue you can pick up at a craft supply store.

I first opened up my Microsoft Word program on my computer and typed Spring. Choose one of your favorite spring-like fonts and center the text across the bottom. I chose to print my text in a pastel purple color to add some more springlike appeal. Then, I arranged the buttons in an egg like shape on the card-stock and glued into place. Let the glue thoroughly dry before framing. And vola! A beautiful work of art made in a weekend morning. Plus, your kids would love sorting through buttons and gluing them down. You could also make other springlike pictures such as flowers. Tulips would look wonderful!

Put your creative mind to work and add that spring touch to your indoor decor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment