Thursday, October 16, 2014

Fall Pillar Candle Craft


How many of you have nice tall pillar candles sitting on a shelf? At our house, I have quite a few that I picked up at thrift stores throughout the years. Of course, they do look magnificent when displayed, but the plain, white look was getting kind of tiring to stare at.

Fall is such a colorful time of year to decorate with the bright reds, oranges, greens, and golds. So, I thought why not apply those colors to a candle? I wanted to make something that would slip on and off easily to change out my decor but still let me use my candle for other seasons. I came up with a "candle ring" and here are the supplies I used to create it:


Supply list:
1 candle
Scrap piece of burlap
2-3 silk or pressed leaves
1 piece of Jute string
Tacky glue
Scissors 

Step 1. Wrap the burlap around your candle so the ends overlap about an inch. Slide it off the candle making sure to hold it as a ring. Glue the ends together and let dry.

Step 2. Fit the ring back over your candle and lay it on its side with seams of burlap facing up.

Step 3. Wrap the string behind the burlap making sure you have long tails to work with. Place leaves on top of burlap seams, and tie string into a bow overtop. The string should be tight to hold the leaves in place.

Step 4. Display candle as a single piece or in a grouping. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment