Thursday, October 29, 2015

What We Do With Our Fall Leaves - Part 2 from Melinda's Closet Finds Min...

I had to make a video of what we do with our fall leaves just to show how easy, simple, and economical it is to reuse nature's waste as one's own rich resource. Well, I had to make it a two parter, not because it was a very long segment, but because Biscuit had to come along for the ride. Literally! :)

We use our John Deere Gator to haul leaves back and forth because it speeds up the process. Well, when she is involved with anything I try to take my video camera along and get some clips of her for my Minute of Biscuit segment on my other YouTube channel, Melinda's Closet Finds https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP1YAPyUBkrWQJAtMM9e18A

So, part 1 is all about her and fall and leaves and riding a Gator...


Yes, my Mom got involved and learned how to drive and run the Gator. She thought it was fun once she got the hang of it. I mean what isn't fun about tooling around in a UTV? Everyone loves them where I come from!

The second part is where I show what we do with these crisp, brown leaves that we have gathered throughout our grove. We compost them!



By spreading the leaves out now and mixing them in with the soil, they break down easily and I don't have to wait next spring for the garden to dry out to mix in my compost to then plant. It saves me a bunch of work in the long run to do tasks ahead of time when I have the time.

So, I hope you take this simple task and short video to heart and give those fallen leaves in your yard a good rake, haul, and mix with some soil in your garden!

If you have any questions, please leave me a comment! I love hearing from all of you!

Take care and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment