Friday, October 30, 2015

How to Make a Trick or Treat Bar

Okay, I am a sucker for candy bars! No, not just the chocolate bars every lady like me out there craves, a bar that is chock full of sugar bombs, hard candies, caramels, and brand name favorites! Yes, a candy buffet! And with Halloween here, who needs a better reason to make one? So, I dove in and created my own trick or treat bar for Halloween.

I also did something really special this year to appeal with all kids. The Food Allergy Research & Education (FARE) came up with the "Teal Pumpkin Project," which is a nationwide initiative to promote nonfood items as treats instead of candy that can be tricky for parents to figure out if it is safe for their children to consume.

Being I was diagnosed with celiac disease a few years back, I am always on top of any news that allows people with food allergies and intolerances to have more fun and relax during the holidays. So, I made sure to make my treats nonfood treats and here is a video on how I did that!

 
 
For those of you who are interested in learning more about FARE and their Teal Pumpkin Project visit them at their website here: http://www.foodallergy.org/teal-pumpkin-project. If you want to download posters and stickers to promote the Teal Pumpkin Project, you can find them at this website too at this link http://www.foodallergy.org/teal-pumpkin-project/downloads.
 
If you have any more questions please leave me a comment below. Thanks for watching my video!
 
I hope everyone has a safe and happy Halloween!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment