Saturday, July 15, 2017

Cherry Jam - Ball FreshTech Jam

Went to the grocery store, and oh the cherries! They were selling them by the lug. But, I had never actually purchased cherries before. They always looked tempting, but my parents always had a cherry tree out in the orchard that we would pick off of. Well, that cherry tree is no longer producing abundantly like it did. And, cherries were needed to try out some new canning recipes!

I actually only purchased a few bags of cherries because I wasn't so sure how much energy I would have at the end of the workday to can them. But, surprisingly, it went faster than expected thanks to my jam/jelly maker, my autocanner, and of course, my new cherry pitter. 

In the video, my cherry pitter didn't quite work out as expected. Maybe because the cherries were on the small side? The next bag of cherries were bigger and that worked much better rolling them through the pitter. 



In all, I had four full jelly jars of scrumptious Cherry Jam. With a little bit leftover to spread on a piece of toast. Hmm Hmm delicious! Nothing better than to taste summer through red, juicy, sweet cherries!

If you are interested in making this recipe yourself, it can be found on the Ball FreshTech website here: https://www.freshpreserving.com/cherry-jam-%7C-cherry-jam-recipe---ball-fresh-preserving-br1313.html Note that this recipe is just for the jam & jelly maker step in the video. If you want to view the recipe for the autocanner you can click this link here: http://www.freshpreserving.com/traditional-sweet-cherry-jam---ball-auto-canner-recipes-br1421.html#q=cherry%2Bjam&start=19

If you are interested in learning more about the products I used in this video you may click on the following links:


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment