Sunday, July 16, 2017

Danish Cherry Sauce Canning Recipe - Ball Complete Guide to Home Preserving

I have so many cherries in this house that I had to come up with another canning recipe to preserve them all. I hate for anything in my house to go to waste, especially when I have purchased these items from the store. When I throw food from the supermarket in the compost bin, or worse yet, in the trash, it would be equivalent to throwing my dollar bills away. And, I honestly cannot afford to do that!

So, I went back to my Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving and found a recipe I have wanted to try for years... Danish Cherry Sauce! I love cherry sauce on cheesecakes, with angel food cake, over ice cream. You can even thicken this sauce with some cornstarch (not during the canning process) and make a nice homemade cherry pie. Talk about versatile! Plus, it is ready to use right out of the jar, which is my favorite because in the winter when I want to bake something, I can just pop the lid off and enjoy a delicious sweet concoction without much effort.

 

And, the recipe is so easy to make. As long as you have the right tools. A cherry pitter does work wonders and I highly recommend that you use one if you are going to double or even triple this recipe. Making a single batch will yield 3 pint jars so they go fast!



See how easy that was! So if you are like me, and have a lot of cherries lying around the kitchen, give this recipe a try. I am sure you will enjoy it as much as I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment