Friday, August 25, 2017

Family Dollar Store Surprise!!! 6pc Harvest Village Sets

So, I went to my local Family Dollar store to get some last minute items I needed and also to browse new "all season" furnishings and decor for the bathroom and kitchen remodel work we have been doing. Little did I know that my store had just stocked all the fall season decor that morning. I saw this village set and resisted my horrible impulse to purchase. Well, I regretted it all night long. I went back to the store with my Mom to find that half of the sets were already gone. She said if I didn't buy the set, she would. Well, I love village sets more than her so...



Isn't this the neatest fall set ever! I love the farm theme. I just wish there were more options for buildings like a Christmas village set has. For instance, they could have had a chicken coop, a horse or old time tractor pulling a hay rack for those hay rides, apple trees to make an orchard, or even a small corn field. All the items I think of when I think fall are in this set, though. They feature pumpkins, fall leaves, and even pilgrims if you want to do the Thanksgiving look.

I am planning on using the set during the entire fall season from September through November. I will just add the pilgrims and cornucopia pieces after the Halloween season has passed. Crossing my fingers that next year, my store will have more pieces to add to my new collection.

Hope everyone has a bountiful Autumn!

No comments:

Post a Comment