Friday, August 25, 2017

Farm Kitchen Before & Bathroom Demo



Okay, I am to that point now of, "What have we gotten ourselves into?!" Yes, there is no turning back once you start tearing out walls. But, I keep telling myself it is for the best and we will love the end result.

I accidentally deleted the video off my camera for the upstairs bathroom before. And, am now kicking myself for it. But, I will tell you that the tile you see in the first shot of the room wrapped around the entire bathroom wall. Everything in here is begin gutted from the shower/tub, to all the walls. We are keeping the built in linen cabinet, the cupboards under the sink, and the toilet. Everything else is going. Meaning, we had to buy new fixtures, vanity, tub, shower, tile, floor, etc. This will be the most transformed room the house. At least we are not moving any walls!

The demo is going well so far, but we are nervous about tearing into the ceiling where we know the blown in insulation is sitting. We took a chunk of the outer wall out (the black taped area you might have seen by the toilet) It does not contain unsafe levels of asbestos, which was what we were most afraid of. So, that is great news! Now, the trick will be to keep it in the walls and ceilings as we take down the inner wall. We have a plan of using plastic, so stay tuned to see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment