Thursday, November 13, 2014

2 Weeks Until Thanksgiving?!

I cannot believe how the time has flown by this past month. That and how much the weather has changed. I was raking leaves on Sunday and Monday morning we had over a half foot of snow covering the ground. My roses were still blooming! But, it is what it is.

Because of this shift in cold weather, I turned my attention to holiday baking. Helps warm up the house. That is when I took full notice of the calendar and Thanksgiving meal schedule. It is exactly 2 weeks until the big feast and there is a lot of work and planning to do starting with the meal.

For those of you who are new to this blog, you can check out my Thanksgiving page to view recipes and last year's menu. I am planning on making a few alterations this year. First, I am making homemade sparkling cider to compliment the dinner. I am switching out the salad recipe. And, I am toying with the idea of making a green bean casserole.

Once the menu planning is complete, it is time to shop. I first rummage through the pantry and freezer making sure I know what ingredients I already have on hand down to the cooking spray and spices. Then, I make a list of what I still need to buy. Make sure you review the grocery store ads for weekly deals and check online for coupons! 

This morning, I finished all the above and am ready to hit the stores. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment