Sunday, November 15, 2015

Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread Machine Recipe

I can't believe that I went shopping last night and saw the employees decorating Christmas trees in the stores, putting lights up around the building, and singing along with the Christmas carols they were playing over the loudspeaker. This morning on my way home from church I saw people putting their Christmas lights and decorations out in their yards. One house even had a decorated Christmas tree in their front window!

Well, I am not ready to give up the fall theme yet especially with Thanksgiving coming! I am still dreaming of apples, cinnamon, and of course, pumpkins! That is why I was very satisfied with this recipe that I created for gluten free pumpkin bread in my bread machine!

Yes, that was a lot of exclamations, but it is so true. I saw how well the banana bread turned out in my machine that I had to give the pumpkin bread a try. I looked up various recipes, gluten and gluten free ones, but I couldn't find a simple recipe anywhere. So, I used my own wits and came up with this moist, scrumptious loaf.

I hope you can give it a try and serve this during your Thanksgiving and fall themed festivities before Christmas is really upon us.


Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread Machine Recipe
Ingredients:
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon xanthan gum or guar gum
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
Optional: 1/4 - 1/2 cup nuts, dried fruit, and/or chocolate chips
Note: Spices can be added to taste and/or 1 1/2 - 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice can be substituted.
Directions:
Whisk flour, sugar, powder, soda, gum, salt and spices together in a small bowl. Set aside. In another small bowl, mix pumpkin, eggs, oil, and vanilla. (If using nuts/fruit/chips add this to the wet ingredient mixture, too.) Mix together until combined.
If you are using the Hamilton Beach Home Baker Bread Maker like myself, pour the wet ingredients into the prepared bread pan first and then pour in the dry ingredient mixture. Place the bread pan in the bread maker and choose preset #4 Quick. Choose light for the crust setting. Then press start. When the dough comes to a rest, make sure to scrape down all the sides of the bread pan so ingredients are well combined.
If you have another bread maker, make sure it has a 1.5 - 2.0 pound capacity bread pan. Mix the dough thoroughly on the "dough" setting, about 20 minutes. Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Invert the baked loaf onto a wire rack to cool for 10-15 minutes before eating.
Enjoy!



We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.


No comments:

Post a Comment