Wednesday, November 11, 2015

How to Create a Fall Centerpiece

Fall is upon us and the chill in the air with the fallen leaves proves that Thanksgiving will soon be approaching. Of course, I have had my house decorated for the fall season for a while now. Actually, I decorate for fall as soon as school starts in September! I leave up the decorations until Thanksgiving and by the time Black Friday comes, my family is already urging me to decorate for Christmas. At least I get about three months worth of the fall look!

Sometimes people are unsure of how to decorate for fall with the back to school, Halloween, and Thanksgiving themes that come and go quickly. That is why I create a theme that can be easily switched up with the holidays by changing one or two pieces.

In this video tutorial, I have everything set up for Halloween. This has now changed with the Thanksgiving holiday approaching, which I will show you a picture of below. But first, the video!



This fall cluster of pumpkins, leaves, and candles really brings the warmth and color of the season into perspective, don't you think! It is also a very versatile centerpiece where you can change things around as you see fit. It is, in a way, interactive. Change where certain pieces sit and see if anyone notices! :) This happens in my house a lot!

So, I did mention in my video that a switch out the little plastic jack-o-lantern for pilgrims. The picture below will show you what I meant by that comment.



You can also see that I did change up the layout of the centerpiece too. This is a great example of how you can change things up! I did this to make it longer and more narrow so when Thanksgiving does come, we will have plenty of room to put our plates and glasses for the feast.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and if you create a centerpiece for fall please let me see it too! You can leave a link to your post down in the comments section. Also, if you have any questions, please leave me a comment, too!

Thank you and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment