Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Jersey Calves See Snow for the First Time - 12 Weeks Old

Today was a snow day! And, we weren't sure if we were going to let these guys out or not being it was misting when we did morning chores. But, the snow lightened up and the sun was peeking out. And, by the afternoon the snow was melting because we were nearing 40 degrees. So, I decided to open up the doors and take my camera to see what kind of reaction I would get from the calves when they saw snow for the first time. Watch the video below to see what they did!



Yeah, they weren't exactly ecstatic about their new surroundings. I guess they fit in with the old humdrum of, "Oh great, snow. :(" Nasty of a word as it is to some people, it did make the countryside look clean and bright!

And, I can tell you that the calves didn't stay out too long. I think it was only a few minutes after I took this video that they wandered back into the barn. I hope they get used to it as the snow up here in the upper Midwest will stick around all winter long.

Thanks for watching and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment