Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Jersey Calf Update

You may remember me posting earlier that we have a Jersey Calf Operation where we received 3 day old bull calves and had to bottle feed them.

Well, those day old turned into week olds and turned into month olds now! When they were 2 months old we started the weaning process where we only gave them one bottle of milk a day instead of the two they were getting before. This was to encourage them to eat more grain and hay.

Well, this week was the week that no milk bottles would be given and they adjusted to it well! Of course, this meant that we had to change up the barn layout again to update their feeding and sleeping quarters. I had touched on this briefly in my last video that we would be making changes and now they have officially come! Check out my new video to see the new layout.


If you missed out and would like to see what the barn looked like before when we had them drinking milk, you can check out that video below.

After watching the older video again, I can see that they sure have grown! They definitely look more like Jersey steers now than ever before. Of course, I still miss that cute baby face!

I hope you enjoyed my videos and if you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below.

And as always, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment