Friday, November 6, 2015

Udi's Ziti & Meatballs Stove-Top Method Product Review

How many of you are running short of time and want a convenient gluten free meal right away? I am sure most of us fall into that category a lot of the time and all of us come into a time crunch at least once in our lives.

I came to that point just this past week. I had been grocery shopping recently, which helped. (I actually only grocery shop twice a month, so shopping when I needed a quick meal was kind of ironic.) Anyways, I had seen a coupon for an Udi's GF Frozen Meal for 2 on Wal-Mart's website for this month and I thought I would print it and see what I could find. Wal-Mart did have three frozen meals that the coupon was good for and one of those was also on Rollback. That was the Ziti & Meatballs for Two.

I purchased the product thinking that I could give it a try. I mean, I have really learned to cook from scratch lately with my canning, dehydrating, baking, and cooking of regular meals. I actually didn't miss having a convenient frozen meal because I hadn't had one in such a long time! But, the thought of having that available intrigued me to purchase this product.

I also saw it as an opportunity to do another video in my product review playlist so here it goes!


 
I didn't realize it until after I finished taping that those burnt bits you saw were probably the sauce and cheese that showed up earlier in the video. I was a little disappointed that certain items cooked faster than others. When I make my own pasta I cook it separate than the meatballs and sauce. I then put all three pieces together to toss before I serve the dinner. So, cooking them all from the beginning was a little challenging for me and that is why I ended up with burnt sauce, dry pasta, but savory meatballs. (The meatballs would have been still cold if I had only cooked them for 12 minutes.)
 
 
Have you guys tried this product? And, if you have which cooking method did you use? I would love to hear what your results were. So, please leave me a comment below!
 
Thanks for watching and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment